Re: [opensuse] openSUSE + gpsd + PPS + NTP
On 2014-01-17 13:38, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

Just saw on the Factory list that someone was having an issue with ntpd
starting on a systemd-type system. Seems that the boot process will wait for
ntpd startup to complete before the system boot completes. This I did not
expect. The reason given was that things like dovecot will die if the time
jumps some amount. To keep that from happening, ntpd must start and
presumably
complete time sync before many services complete.

That was my hypothesis, it has to be verified.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.