Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
On 2014-01-16 23:19, Fr David Ousley wrote:
This suggests the best long-term solution (someone else suggested moving
/boot to the root file system). Let me see if I've got it:

You can not do this is your "/" is on LVM or some raid types.

The raid is set in the motherboard BIOS. Listed in the Yast partitioner
as DM Raid. Does that preclude moving /boot to root?

As it that is a "fake" raid, you would still need a separate /boot.
However, I understand that on some cases you can go without.

It depends on whether grub is capable of still loading the kernel, I guess.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.