Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:39:41 -0500, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2014-01-16 12:11 (GMT-0500) Fr David Ousley composed:

what's the size of /boot ? this is a separate partition I guess,
otherwise you are running out of space in the root filesystem as well..

/boot is a separate partition: I accepted the size suggested when I
installed openSuse. It seemed small, but I asssumed that the installer
knew better than I did. df tells me that /boot is 68 MB. It is ext4.

68MB is too small for an installation that includes GFXboot, Plymouth, Grub and Grub2. What were the other partition sizes you accepted? A bug probably needs to be filed about this, but it needs facts to back it up. Simply saying too small without context won't be good enough.

FWIW, on the system here, I accepted the installation suggestions which were (omitting the remaining Windows partitions):

/boot 68 MB
/swap 2 GB
/root 20GB
/home 894 GB