Re: [opensuse] Is this normal? systemd-journal taking nearly 2 gigs of memory.
On 2014-01-16 18:00, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:

I guess you confused me when you basically said:

1.3 GB of ram used by apps, I guess 8GB is not that much nowdays.

I don't know what is driving your RAM usage, but it doesn't seem to apps.

Ah. Well, yes, I meant that 8 GiB of RAM in chips is not that much
nowdays, if my system has 1.5 in swap. There is 3,3G free and 2,4G in
cache, the system is working fine; actually, having 1.5 in swap allows
me to have that big cache and free pools, otherwise they'd be smaller.

Maybe I have that much in swap simply because I hibernate the system
every night.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.