Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 01:14:02PM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
[ 8< ]
When you install openSUSE on a situation that needs a separate /boot,
like having raid or lvm or encrypted system, YaST makes an absurdly
small recommendation for nowdays. I have seen this situation more than
once recently.

And the bug ID is? I bet there is none. And I also bet there is no bug
regardin /boot and it's size at all.

Marcus gave an advice: enable the purge-kernels service. This service
comes with the mkinitrd package. It checks on boot if
/boot/do_purge_kernels exists and if that's the case executes
/sbin/purge-kernels

Either use YaST or the systemctl to check if the purge-kernels.service
is enabled.

His other advice was to check how many kernel packages are installed at
all. Please call:

rpm -qa kernel-\*

If you have more than two either reboot after you enabled the
purge-kernels.service or call

systemctl start purge-kernels.service

This issue might be worth being added to
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Most_annoying_bugs_12.3 Please
reference bnc#818317

Cheers,

Lars