Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
On 2014-01-16 03:21, Fr David Ousley wrote:

Is there a file on the /boot filesystem which I can move or delete to
conveniently make room (without having to repartition)? The large files
currently are the 3.7.10-1.16 initrd, System.map, vmlinuz, and config.
Also symvers-3.7.10-1.16-desktop.gz and vmlinux-3.7.10-1.16-desktop.gz.
I can give a complete list if that will help. I have not been keeping
copies of the old kernels. Just wondering whether there is an easy way
to get the new kernel installed.

A listing would be nice, yes. You probably have at least two kernels; if
you have more, delete one with rpm. Possibly, your initrd files are
large: you can reduce their sizes drastically by uninstalling plymouth.
Boot screen will not be so nice, of course.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.