Mailinglist Archive: opensuse (1420 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse] problem with raid number on 13.1 install
  • From: "George Olson (SUSE list)" <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:28:57 +0800
  • Message-id: <52D76E19.60207@gmail.com>
On 01/09/2014 10:43 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
When I boot into 12.3 on the same box, I have 3 raid 1 drives set up:
/dev/sda2 and /dev/sdb2 form /dev/md0 - this is the raid partition that
I did the installation on.
/dev/sda3 and /dev/sdb3 form /dev/md2 - this is the root drive for
running 12.3
/dev/sda4 and /dev/sdb4 form /dev/md1 - this is my home partition.

That discrepancy has been reported in other posts as the problem.

One suggestion I read recently is having a proper /etc/mdadm.conf. If
you have that file, check the contents, the uuid you see might come from
there. I can not locate now that post, but it said how to automatically
create the proper file.

I went into initrd and modified the mdadm.conf file there, and put the
initrd back together, but that didn't seem to do the trick.

Then I tried to reinstall using a different medium, because I found that
the dvd I had been using as my install disk did not check out as a good
disk. Funny thing is, I had run the yast checksum on it before I ran the
first attempt at an installation, and it did check out. In the 2nd case,
after attempting to install using that dvd, it came up with a bad checksum.

So I created a 13.1 install stick instead of the dvd, and after
installing 13.1 from that, it ran perfectly, and I didn't have to mess
with any of the raid numbers or anything.

--
George Olson
Box #1: 12.3 | KDE 4.11 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | ATI Radeon HD 3300 | 16GB
Box #2: 13.1 | KDE 4.11 | AMD Athlon X3 | 64 | nVidia C61 GeForce 7025 | 4GB
Laptop: 13.1 | KDE 4.11 | Core i7-2620M | 64 | Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 8GB

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >
Follow Ups
References