Re: [opensuse] openSUSE + gpsd + PPS + NTP
Le 15/01/2014 15:52, Roger Oberholtzer a écrit :

meters a second), an error of 0.1 seconds produces an error of 2.5 meters.

any correct clock is better than 1s for a hole month!

The problem is that the times in records from a GPS are when that record was
calculated. It is not the time when I see it.

?

two things.

* if the gps clock is really unusable, read this:

http://tf.nist.gov/service/pdf/computertime.pdf

for some very good solutions (two last paragraphs)

* I do not own a gps like yours nor have ever tried to connect the gps clock to ntp, but I wonder how the gps internal clok is advertised to the world.

I mean, what is the gps saying when there are no satellite visible? is it transmitting anything? don't it transmit at least the time?

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org