Re: [opensuse] Startup: a Start job is running Load Kernel Modules
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:23:23 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

I have a system that seems to be stuck waiting for $SUBJ to complete.
I'm guessing this is loading of modules in /etc/modules-load.d/ etc.,
and I think it is module "ipmi_si" that is keeping it. The question
is - why does the startup have to wait for this to complete?

It was indeed "ipmi_si" that failed to communication with the onboard
BMC. Is there a way of telling systemd not to wait for this module to
be loaded?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.6°C)