Re: [opensuse] Printing problem : firewall ?
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:33:20PM +0100, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Hi,

On the laptop of my daughter it's not possible to print to a CUPS-printer
on a server without disabling the firewall of the laptop.

First I had the wireless lan in the external zone, and defined exceptions
for IPP in the advanced setup, both TCP and UDP. Did not work. Then I
modified the WiFi interface to the internal zone, and checked the 'protect
firewall from internal zone'. I also added exceptions for IPP on TCP and
UDP. I also tried using the port number : 631. But nothing works. Only
disabling the firewall completely enables
me to print.
What am I doing wrong ?

Running Opensuse 12.3.

Thanks for any pointers.

BTW, I want to use "external zone" because the laptop can be used anywhere,
not just at home behind a decent (I hope) firewall.

If you the zone just to internal it works?

The proteect firewall from internal zone would likely cause the same thing as
external
zone.

Can you sniff with tcpdump what packets/ports are trying to be connected?

Port 631 or IPP should actually be it as far as I know :/

Ciao, Marcus