Re: [opensuse] Toshiba laptop with 12.3 - automatic suspend/resume stopped working after latest updates
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:04:45 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

В Вс, 05/01/2014 в 17:06 +0100, Per Jessen пишет:
There isn't really a failing suspend, the suspend simply doesn't
happen. The automatic resume doesn't happen either.

Did you consider broken lid switch? I had it at least once.

Good question, I guess I can't exclude the possiblity.

Unless it's built into the screen hinges, AFAICT, it's not a mechanical
switch. I expect some sort of optical sensor perhaps. I am wondering
how I could verify the lid switch - how about if I boot Knoppix (the
openSUSE Live image doesn't fit on a CD) or some such and check the
relevant logs when opening/closing the lid?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.2°C)