Re: [opensuse] opensuse 13.1 - xdm is installed with the minimal selection (for text-mode only) ??
On 01/11/2014 01:07 PM, James Knott wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
If there is no GUI/X-server then I can see that its not necessary.
In text-_only_ mode, there is no GUI :-)

FWIW. I set up my firewall without a desktop, but I frequently run
graphical apps, including Wireshark, via ssh.

But you don't need XDM on the firewall to run graphical apps via ssh,
although I can see why it might be a dependency.

--
Explain again the part about rm -rf /