Re: [opensuse] opensuse 13.1 - xdm is installed with the minimal selection (for text-mode only) ??
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 21:57:45 +0100
Anton Aylward wrote:

Per Jessen said the following on 01/11/2014 02:19 PM:
Why on earth does the minimal install insist on installing 'xdm' ??
This seems to be new, maybe introduced with an update, I dunno.

Is this a text-only, headless or a GUI resulting 'minimal install'?
("Context is everything"!)

There is no context as such - it is what you get when you choose
the "Minimal Install" (or what ever it is called) pattern.
I remove a few unrelated things (grub, firewall, ntfs, wireless stuff),
and add man and man-pages.

If there is no GUI/X-server then I can see that its not necessary.

In text-_only_ mode, there is no GUI :-)

What is the dependency that necessitates XDM?
(Sorry, I'm not on 13.1 I can test that.)

Looks like it is "yast2-install-wf".

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.4°C)