Re: [opensuse] general thoughts on 13.1?
Am Samstag, 11. Januar 2014, 11:13:09 schrieb jdd:
Le 11/01/2014 11:01, Günther J. Niederwimmer a écrit :
Hello,

Am Freitag, 10. Januar 2014, 10:01:35 schrieb jdd:
that said, 13.1 is very easy to install, I did it on install fests more
than 10 times with very little problems, including new windows 8
computers with secure boot

can you tell me witch Bios and Board you are testing ?

On my systems i have on one a Bios Problem with secure boot, on the Next a
Install Problem with mkinitrd, the initrd can't written :-(. all ASUS
Boards...-

don't know really as most where not mine :-(

but I did on one netbook of my LUG, I will look at it this afternoon

the most surprising thing is than the boot order do not rely on grub (at
first), but on the bios This is an uefi feature. On older bioses (non uefi)
it relies on the boot flag, now it relies on the uefi boot order.

so there is a great chance than if you reboot after install you reboot
windows.

if you are lucy, reboot the bios and find in it an option to boot one or the
other system.

If you have less chance, hit the "choose system" key on boot, boot openSUSE
and use the uefi tools to choose the system - I don't have the uefi tools
name at hand, but there are command line

I made a mistake once: at some moment I was instructed that a /boot/efi
folder had to be found and I created one, not seeing it waas already on the
disk as /efi. This made it impossible to change the boor order. There must
be only one used efi folder (of course)

On my first (home) Board "ASUS P8C WS" it is a Secure Boot (install) Problem,
"normal" (UEFI) install is working. With this Bios only Win8 Secure Boot
(install) is working?

With the second Board "ASUS P9D WS" I mean ;-) Secure Boot is working, but I
have a Error in the last Session of Install. creating initrd, end with a Error
from mkinitrd :-(.

I like only to know, witch motherboards (Bios) are working with Secure Boot.
;-)

Thanks,
--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,