[opensuse] 13.1 XFCE: The "Action Buttons" applet is way to big
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 00:03:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

This is not a new problem. The applet "Action Buttons" in XFCE by default displays the full user name (not the login name), obtained from the "/etc/passwd" file. If I have there my full name, with 28 chars (and that's a shorthened version), it occupies a lot of space in the panel.

I can change the "Appeareance" in properties to show instead "action buttons" but this are 8 buttons.

The alternative is changing the name in the password file to just my first name, but then applications that want my full name do not get it.

Is there no alternative, to make that applet display just a _single_ button or icon or label?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))