Re: [opensuse] opensuse 13.1 annoying limitations
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 21:27:27 +0100
On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 9:12 PM, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/10/2014 11:59 AM, C wrote:
f you want the details of why it's broken, and what will be done,
read the Factory mailing list archives in the week or so prior to
release.

If it's not yet working right that's probably because Bluez5 on KDE
isn't ready yet.

Without needing a detailed discussion, which I can get by scanning the
archives,

Does it work at all?
Or is Bluetooth broken totally until Bluez is fixed? Bluetooth not
working at all would be a show stopper for my some people.

Short answer... Bluez5 works in Gnome, it doesn't work
right/proper/easy in KDE4. You can get it working in KDE... one
cumbersome workaround I use is to log into a Gnome session, pair the
devices, log in to KDE4 and it will be working there too.

C.
--
openSUSE 13.1 x86_64, KDE 4.11