Re: [opensuse] Symbolic link
On 1/10/2014 11:42 AM, A. den Oudsten wrote:
When I trie to make a symbolic link I get the message: The symbolic link
/var/run/media/FREECOM HD/........./Bad.jpg could not be made,
check permissions.
In the documentation I just learned: On Linux, the permissions of a symbolic
link are not used in any operations; the permissions are always
0777 (read, write, and execute for all user categories), and can't be changed.
Please help me further!!
Thanks in advance
Andr´┐Ż den Oudsten

The permissions of the symbolic link have nothing to do with your error message.

You got this error because you tried to create this link in a location where
you did not
have authority to write.

Note that creating across file systems probably is less than ideal, especially
when
the source is on removable media. You end up chaseing your tail in the future
when
you can't open the link.