Re: [opensuse] Re: opensuse 13.1 annoying limitations
Il 10/01/2014 17:35, Jim Henderson ha scritto:
On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:11:05 -0200, Marco Calistri wrote:

2) Power Management "sucks" with laptops

Not here. It would probably be helpful to describe what you're seeing
rather than making a broad, general statement.

I have a Dell N7110 (R17) laptop, and power management seems to be as
good as it was on 12.2, at least.

Jim

Ok Jim,

I'm not spreading my comments "for free", the power management problem
for my laptop (Lenovo Z470) is present since oS12.3 and I did already
reported on the list (I should have opened a bug I know, but I didn't...).

(My DE is GNOME)

I mean that I'm seeing the following:

1) When battery reaches critical threshold system doesn't' sent any text
nor audio notifications (beeps)

2) system went no automatically hibernated

3) system went no automatically suspended on RAM

4) system simply shut-down and let me irritated

Missing items 2 and 3 works only manually, both never worked
automatically nor by changing the default settings with dconf-editor

Also the settings of power management, beside being not working at all
are really hidden, especially for not experienced users.

The settings available in general settings menu are IMHO too limited to
just few things.

Cheers,

--
There was a young coder named Guy.