Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird : mail to list without html
On 1/10/2014 11:32 AM, John Andersen wrote:
On 01/10/2014 01:05 AM, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
op 09-01-14 17:10, ku.b-mal schreef:
Am 09.01.2014 17:06, schrieb Koenraad Lelong:
A while ago our company made a rule forcing users to send
html-messages to correspondents. Now when I try to send a mail to a
list, Thunderbird seems not to understand the setting in the address
book. E.g. I indicated in my addressbook to sent ascii-messages to a
test-user. When I click on "compose message" I get a screen with
html-possibilities. When I enter a message and send it, the receiver
gets a html-message.
It does not help to send a message via the address-book, same problem.
I can switch HTML -> ASCII by holding the Shift key during pressing the
reply button in Thunderbird. Does that work for you, at least as a test
and workaround?
Thanks,

That works, even clicking reply-all with shift pressed does the trick.

Thanks.

Regards,

Koenraad
On my Thunderbird, (24.2.0) installed from Opensuse repositories...

Under Edit / Preferences / Composition
Sending Options Button, Plain Text Domains tab,

I simply enter
opensuse.org
as a plain text domain, and when I compose or reply it is always
sent as plain text. There is a setting on the sending options
window to allow you to force plain text when any of the recipients
is listed in Plain Text domains tab. Set this to
"Convert message to plain text".

It doesn't matter how I compose, reply, or Reply to list, as soon as
opensuse.org appears in one of the address entries, it converts to plain
text.

Same on windows machines.

So instead of messing around with arcane keystrokes, why not find out
why YOUR Thunderbird does not behave this way?

By the way, this *works even if I intentionally* try to start a message as HTML.
As soon as I hit Sent it gets converted and I get a warning