[opensuse] general thoughts on 13.1?
  • From: "George Olson (SUSE list)" <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 07:47:40 +0800
I have seen a lot of things on opensuse 13.1. The promotions are saying
that it is one of the best releases. But I also read things here and on
the forums, like that there isa serious problem with getting multimedia
platforms to workthe way they should, and that kmail has had some big
issues. It seems that some people have these problems and others don't.

I tried to upgrade on my office pc yesterday, and ran into the problem
with the raid drives. I don't head back there until next week, so I will
continue to troubleshoot it then. I am hoping to try upgrading on my
home pc which also uses raid this weekend.

But I am curious to know from those of you who have done the upgrade -
are you overall pleased with 13.1? I liked 12.3, but I also like to try
and keep things up to date by regularly updating when a new version is
out. Anyone have any "big picture" tips specifically directed at what to
watch out for with 13.1, besides what may be on the "most annoying bugs"
web page?

--
George Olson
Box #1: 12.3 | KDE 4.10 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | ATI Radeon HD 3300 | 16GB