Re: [opensuse] Obscure http -> https redirection in Firefox
Ted Byers wrote:
On 14-01-08 11:19 AM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 08/01/14 13:01, Stefan Gofferje escribió:
I'm experiencing some weird redirection with Firefox 26 on OS 12.3...

Not a weird redirection.. what you are most likely seeing here is
called HTTP Strict Transport Security. you configured the https
virtualhost with it.

But that doesn't make any sense, because I can not reproduce it on any
of my machines (including several versions of Firefox on Windows 7,
Ubuntu 12.04, and now OpenSuse 13.1). I would have expected that
configuring HTTP Strict Transport Security in a given virtual host would
affect all visitors to the site equally. Hence, I would have expected
all visitors to his site to see the same redirection if he'd configured
HTTP Strict Transport Security for his virtual host. Is there a way to
configure it so it's use depends on the domain from which the visitor
accesses the site, or perhaps based on use of client side certificates?

I have a vague memory of having read something recently about a Firefox
feature where you can configure it so it tries to make connections via
https whenever possible. So IIRC perhaps Stefan has somehow managed to
set that option in his browser. Sorry, I don't remember details or have
a reference.