Re: [opensuse] Strange error when attempting to upgrade system.
В Вс, 05/01/2014 в 22:33 +0100, Carlos E. R. пишет:

Hi,

I'm attempting to upgrade my 11.4 system to 13.1. I get the following
message, just before displaying the "Installation Settings" screen:

The installed product is not compatible with the product on
the installation media. If you try to update using the current
installation media, the system may not start some applications
may not run properly.

Does 11.4 have /etc/os-release?

I don't know what this means. The installed system is 64 bits, and so is
the upgrade media, the 13.1, 64bit, big DVD on a USB stick, which I have
already used for other successful installs.

I made the choice to "add online repos before installation", and both oss
and non-oss are selected. I connected the network cable and it is
recognized.

Suspect problem #1:

/ is reiserfs
/ is ext2

You can not install 13.1 fresh on a reiserfs partition. You can not even
format a partition as reiserfs. It might be that, so I would have to first
migrate the partition type to ext4. But 13.1 makes no warning when I
select that partition for upgrade.

Suspect problem #2:

The warning is about upgrading 11.4 to 13.1, the jump is large. But both
at Evergreen versions.