Re: [opensuse] optimizing resolv.conf

James Knott 01/03/14 3:50 PM >>>
John Andersen wrote:
Any caching by your own browser or your
in-house nscd, or your ISP's DNS server is going to undo the
web site's round robin via DNS anyway.

Perhaps for your own access, but what about the next guy who winds up on
a different server, as intended?

Or, if one of the address is inaccessible, the client *should* pick one of the
other addresses automatically.

Before we were able to purchase a Barracuda on campus, we just used DNS
round-robin to let the client randomly pick one of the three nodes in our
Tomcat cluster; if the node it chose was down for some reason, the client would
automatically hop over to one of the other addresses.