Re: [opensuse] optimizing resolv.conf
On 2014-01-03 03:06, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2014-01-03 01:51 (GMT+0100) Carlos E. R. composed:

Two lines:

server=X.y.z.v
server=X.y.z.w

It is a very simple syntax.

Made unclear by example integral to dnsmasq.conf. :-p

True...

I now have dnsmasq running, with 127.0.0.1 the only nameserver line in
resolv.conf. For now, I have
one server=<OpenDNS#> and one server=<Google#> in dnsmasq.conf, which I can
tweak when the mood
strikes.

Good.

Now I have a mental block how to redirect adservers to the bit bucket. Is hosts
still being used
with dnsmasq running?

Yes.

And dnsmasq reads it and serves the contents via dns queries, too, no conflict.

My router is now no more than gateway and firewall, right?

Right.

Do ad server
domains need to be added to dnsmasq.conf to be most efficient?

I have no experience there, I don't block them. Yet.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.