Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird and Firefox
On 29/09/13 16:17, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
I dunno where to start with this question, but since it appears to be Linux oriented, I will ask here and perhaps either get an answer or a pointer to the right place to ask.....

Recently I noted that when I click on a link in an email, in my Thunderbird client, it is no longer launching Firefox, or if Firefox is already running it is not bringing up the URL in a new tab like it use to do. I have done some internet searching and applied such suggestions as to set -

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/usr/bin/firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/bin/firefox");

in the prefs.js file for my Thunderbird profile, but still no joy. Anyone have any ideas/pointers on how to get this feature working again?

Thanks in advance.. Marc...

When asking questions such as these it pays to always mention which versions you are running as well as which version of openSUSE.

Having stated this, do you have both as the default applications in your System Settings? (assuming that you are using KDE, Gecko>System Settings>Default Applications)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.2-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor