Re: [opensuse] Scrollbar arrows inT'bird and FF and SM in KDE
On 27/09/13 19:10, John Andersen wrote:
On 9/27/2013 10:51 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
Felix Miata said the following on 09/27/2013 01:41 PM:
On 2013-09-27 11:33 (GMT-0400) Anton Aylward composed:

I use KDE...
systemsettings is all for KDE.

Not strictly true. If kde-gtk-config is installed to make GTK apps (e.g. FF)
use KDE theming, then in systemsettings -> application appearance you will
see under "Fonts", "GTK", as it is on the 13.1b1 system I currently have
running, and in which not only are the arrows missing from the buttons in
both firefox-esr 17 (rpm) and FF 24 (mozilla.org bz2), but the buttons
themselves are missing. Zypper se -s fails to find a branding package for
firefox-esr 17 as well. The buttons are missing in SeaMonkey 2.17.1
(mozilla.org) as well.

Thank you!

That's a lot more useful than the 'it works for me''!

So I've now installed kde-gtk-config and done the appropriate fiddling with
'application appearance' and now I have arrows on the scroll
bars in FF/T'bird :--)

At last ... 'it works for me'.

I'll hold off 13.1 for the moment :-)

The point is, he had to fiddle with it to get them to disappear.
Its not the norm.

Or was overly zealous removing all those pesky gtk packages ...