Re: [opensuse] oS 12.3 - why the long delay....
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:08:42 +0200
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 24/09/13 22:23, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
On 24/09/13 02:29, Per Jessen wrote:
[...]
Sorry - you go to Yast->Network devices - then edit the address
assignment mode for the individual device(s). Usually you will
have
static, dhcpv4, dhcpv6 and 4+6. (all from memory, ymmv).
Thanks for this but the water is too cold and too deep so I'll stay
in the boat where it is safe :-) .
You can "stay in the boat" where you may *never* reach shore, but the
described action does work as I have been using it for several years
on my server machine(s), which are still on 11.2.

That's nice.... for you :-) . But when one has never touched
anything-networking telling one to "edit address assignment mode...."
goes totally over the head.

Now, if someone posts a screenshot of YaST where such a change was
done then one can start to understand what "address assignment
mode....." means and where it is configured :-) .

I'd be happy to, but I only use the ncurses interface, and I expect you
use the GUI?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.2°C)