Re: [opensuse] opensuse gimp
On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 23:10 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 23/09/13 17:01, Dylan wrote:
On 23/09/13 04:35, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 23/09/13 00:18, Carlos E. R. wrote:

multimedia:photo 2.8.6

Is this a repo? Cannot see anywhere. You ARE using openSUSE? :-)

It's definitely there:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/photo/openSUSE_12.3/

<http://software.opensuse.org/package/gimp>

12.3, show other versions, then show unstable packages.

But that is "cheating" in a way! Who in their right mind would use
FACTORY when most people understand that Factory is full of demons and
snakes and gotchas and gremlins and developers!? :-)

"unstable" seems to be a bad description, and in this case is nothing
to do with "Factory"...

Dx

OK I now see what Carlos and you are talking about. The repos which *I*
always think about are those which are shown in YaST's list of
repositories including those under the Community heading. The repos
shown in the URL Carlos provided, and you are talking about, don't
appear in YaST.

BC

Hi,
I scanned through this thread last night and decided to update gimp to
2.8.6 via a one-click yast link that was suggested in one of the
replies. It didn't work, as the repository contained in the one-click
had been changed.

I searched around a bit and found out how to add the 2.8.6 gimp version
from opensuse. Here is a link to the page that provides a working
one-click installation:

http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=openSUSE%
3AFactory&package=gimp

Mark