Re: [opensuse] Email suggestions
  • From: nex6 <n6ghost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 09:58:57 -0700
* Richard <rick47@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2013-09-22 18:59:45 -0700]:

At the risk of startng an email war: what suggestions might there be for an
email program? I have been using kmail for quite some time but find it
broken
for me after a recent upgrade from 11.4 to 12.3. Email now coming thru but
all old emails are listed but unaccessible, address book appears blank, each
message that comes thru and each deletion appear as an error message in
notifications. Seems that I have had similar issues with previous upgrades.
May be time to try something else. I think earlier problems were involved
with change from how kmail stored emails, as folders/files, or something like
that.

Would like to try something that is pretty solid, easy to configure, will
allow filters, hopefully can also import kmail emails that are not damaged,
maybe run with kmail until it is supplanted.

I took a short look at evolution but don't really want to have to include all
the other stuff, calendar, scheduler, like that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Richard
--

I actually use mutt + getmail with maildirs; takes some time getting
everything to work but once its setup it works pretty nice.

-Nex6