Re: [opensuse] Improved performance with NVidia drivers
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 16:28:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2013-09-23 at 00:21 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 22/09/13 21:50, Carlos E. R. wrote:

<http://susepaste.org/28913897>

Entries 2 and 4 are the failsafes, 1 and 3 are normal, with different kernel versions.

But hang on there...... You are using this in VMWare and not in a normal installation of oS.

So what?

It is the only installation I can boot right now and make photos fast. I have a laptop using the same _real_ resolution as that photo, but I can not reboot it in days or perhaps weeks.

What does the REAL grub2 menu look like when you have booted the computer? You probably will need to use a camera to take a screen shot of it because you have no screengrab until oS is actually running, right?

It has the same problem. Do not think that a virtual setup behaves different.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.