[opensuse] serious USB problems in openSUSE 12.2
Hello:

I experience different problems with USB flashdisks in openSUSE 12.2 /
KDE 3.5 hal enabled.

None of these problems exist in previous oS 11.2 and 12.1 systems.

I don't know if any of these are related to KDE 3.5 or hal.

The problems appear frequently, most likely when several (eg. two) users
are logged in at different vt terminals (eg user 1 on vt7 and user 2 on vt8).

1. Copy / read from USB stick is very slow. The average copy spead is
~ 900 kbit/sec, when it is ~4Mbit/sec in oS 12.1 on the same hardware.

2. Frequent read, input-output errors, file was not found errors.
Looks like the system unmounts and remounts the flashdisk during operation.

3. Frequent access errors. Normal directories on the disk have no read
permissions.

4. When user 2 on vt8 plugs in a USB stick, he can not safely remove or unmount
it.
The system asks for root password. But user 1 on vt7 can unmount it normallly.
It seems the system allocates the permissions wrongly.
This never happened in any previous system, even if several users were logged
in.
Always that user had the permission who plugged in the stick. That user could
remove it safely or unmount it, not the other users.

Questions:

Anyone else is experiencing such issues?

Which of these are probably related to KDE3 and and which to openSUSE 12.2
system?

Thanks,

Istvan