Re: [opensuse] Improved performance with NVidia drivers
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
When I installed the NVidia drivers, I thought I got a new kernel, as I
had to reboot the computer. I thought modules could be loaded without
rebooting. Did I get a kernel or modules?
Rebooting is *not* required when installing the nvidia drivers!

Well, tell that to my computer. I saw a pop up message telling me to
reboot. The new kernel was also added to the grub menu. However, it
has the same version number as the kernel on another computer that
doesn't use NVidia video. Both are at 3.7.10-1.16.