Re: [opensuse] Improved performance with NVidia drivers
* James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> [09-19-13 11:01]:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
It is not the RS or similar people which object. Well, they may, but that
would not be a problem: openSUSE distributes many pieces of software to
which they "object". It is the kernel people who object, because they
say that distributing the NVidia driver kernel modules breaks the kernel
license.

When I installed the NVidia drivers, I thought I got a new kernel, as I
had to reboot the computer. I thought modules could be loaded without
rebooting. Did I get a kernel or modules?

Rebooting is *not* required when installing the nvidia drivers!