Re: [opensuse] oS 12.3 - why the long delay....
Am 18.09.2013 15:18, schrieb Andrey Borzenkov:
В Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:05:38 +1000
Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

...when the boot process reaches the stage 'Starting Login Service'?

Because other services that are being started take longer?

I have noticed this for quite some time but hadn't bothered about this
until now.

When the system is booting there is a pause of 21.7 seconds when the
kernel messages on the screen show 'Starting Login Service'. After this
pause the login screen is reached in about 3 seconds.

Login Service has nothing to do with login screen, the name is
misleading. Login Service starts systemd-logind which registers
sessions, but it is not responsible for starting programs that let you
log in (getty, [kgx]dm etc). So two events are not related.

Anybody know why there is this long pause, please?

Install systemd-analyze and look at graph that shows relative timing of
different services. This will answer, what startup is waiting for.

I really don't remember when this started but if it is of any relevance
this delay is present even in the just-upgraded kernel 3.11.1-2.

BC

Basil, my machine shows the same behaviour. You can do what Andrey
suggested, then open a console and enter the following commands. This
will tell you how much time your system and the services need during
startup:

~> systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 5209ms (kernel) + 30604ms (userspace) = 35814ms

~> systemd-analyze blame
1555ms download.mount
1451ms cycle.service
1450ms systemd-udev-root-symlink.service
1355ms network.service
1319ms systemd-vconsole-setup.service
981ms systemd-remount-fs.service
967ms dev-hugepages.mount