Re: [opensuse] auto spin-down of unplugged USB drive
hdparm didn't work for my external drive, but maybe try sdparm? I needed to
install the sg3 utilites to get sg_map, and then can run this command from my
backup shell script ("sdc" being my backup drive) :

echo Spinning down the hard drive
HD=`/usr/bin/sg_map | /bin/grep sdc | /bin/awk '{print $1}'`
/sbin/sdparm -C stop $HD

Chris

David Haller 09/16/13 12:54 AM >>>
Hello,