Re: [opensuse] Does chown work on directories on a NAS that uses cifs?
El 16/09/13 14:52, Ted Byers escribió:
So what can I use it
for? What sorts of practical applications represent something that
proves the value of a NAS? In my present context, I only need to run
a web server, an RDBMS, and Perl or C++ or R to do my programming and
data analysis.

Bulk file storage or for serving any kind content that does not require the full pack of " performance, atomicity, consistency and reliability" that an RDBMS *must* provide.. streaming..etc.

--
"Judging by their response, the meanest thing you can do to people on the Internet is to give them really good software for free". - Anil Dash