Re: [opensuse] restarting X server in openSUSE 12.2 with systemd

jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 12/09/2013 17:42, Dave Howorth a écrit :
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [09-12-13 11:07]:
in fact these commands say "redirecting to systemd", if they could
give the
hole systemctl command, this would be a learning process :-)

If you specify "status", you will be provided information.

I don't think it was the status that was wanted.

I think the idea was that if it told you exactly what systemd command
it
was about to execute, you would learn that and not need to be
redirected
next time. Much more useful than a bland redirection notice.

exactly

jdd

Exactly NOT.

The reason we have short commands to do complex tasks is because the commands
are, wait for it,... SHORT.

Not only that they are all of the same form.

If echoing a stream of blather in response to a short command is such a
marvelous teaching aid, perhaps we should run all our shell scripts in this
mode!

You seem to have forgotten that the reason we use computers is to get something
done.

Learning huge long command streams, much less using them day to day, is
counterproductive.