Re: [opensuse] linux containers questions
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 09:50:14 -0400
On 09/12/2013 09:25 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Robert Schweikert wrote:

On 09/12/2013 02:40 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
1) what is the appropriate way to change the default
location "/var/lib/lxc" to <something else> ? An environment
variable, a global config file? For now I've made /var/lib/lxc a
symlink, which works.

The location of the container is described in the container config
file with the lxc.rootfs variable.

Yes, but I think some of the lxc-* commands assume /var/lib/lxc as the
starting point for finding the config. I couldn't make lxc-shutdown
work until I symlinked /var/lib/lxc -> <mylocation>.

I think all lxc-* commands have a -f option thus you can keep your config files in /etc/lxc (I think that's the deafult) and point the command to that file using -f. At that point the "real" location of the rootfs should be found correctly without the symlink.

HTH,
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx