Re: [opensuse] restarting X server in openSUSE 12.2 with systemd
Le 12/09/2013 03:55, Cristian Rodríguez a écrit :
El 11/09/13 18:05, Patrick Shanahan escribió:
* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [09-11-13 16:32]:
Could you explain, please why it is till workong with systemd?

but also, can somebody explain what is the prefered way to use systemd to
switch from tty only to gui session?

perhaps
systemctl start graphical.target

man 7 systemd.special

systemctl isolate graphical.target

not "start".

from man page

"isolate [NAME]
Start the unit specified on the command line and its dependencies and stop all others.
This is similar to changing the runlevel in a traditional init system. The isolate command will immediately stop processes that are not enabled in the new unit, possibly including the graphical environment or terminal you are currently using."

I would like to add some remarks:

* the init 3/5 openSUSE system is specific to openSUSE, at least Debian or Ubuntu did not use it (muc less levels)

* I think systemd was not enough promoted. To promote a system mean explaining not his advantages but how to use it. I think specially that the rc<init> openSUSE shorts command should have been mimicked for systemd because the systemctl commands are unfriendly

"rcmulti" and "rcgraphical" could be much more friendly

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org