Re: [opensuse] restarting X server in openSUSE 12.2 with systemd
On 09/12/2013 02:44 AM, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

No, there is not. There is no way to answer the question - what
happens when you try to start/stop unit *In current state*. Please
show me how I can test - what will systemd do when you shutdown the
system. Which units in which order will be stopped (and started!)?

There is halfhearted support for emulating "booting into specific
target" with "systemd --test" but no way to start from some existing
state (snapshot).
..
At least, recent versions finally provided more or less usable way to
visualize dependency tree, but you still need to sit down and follow
the tree manually ...
Again - I want to know what will be kicked off when I execute
"systemct start one-of-dozens-of-unit-files-lying-around". Please show
me how I can do it.

There is no "what will happen", but only "what actually happened" after things have actually executed and unless there are strict After='s Requires= Before=s etc relationships between units and/or targets no "test" run will be identical to the next, as units are started/stopped in parallel.