Re: [opensuse] restarting X server in openSUSE 12.2 with systemd
On Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:33:40 AM Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 11/09/13 21:21, Felix Miata escribió:
Written scripts, mature too. Sunk cost.

people that say this, have invariable never worked in the guts of a
distribution.

So? Multi-user and graphical are clear enough, but who came up with
target to summarize an operational configuration easily visualized via
the simple chkconfig -l matrix? The word's usage is not clear to me, and
thus, not easily memorable.

There is a complete stack to visualize what systemd does.

systemd-analyze plot > sd.svg

No such command exists on a stock 12.3

if that's not enough

systemctl dot | dot -Tsvg > systemd.svg

Seriously?
Good thing you don't work for me son. if that is your perception of
documentation.

read the svg files with a modern browser.

Still not enough ?

boot with init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-bootchart
and then read the svg files in /run/log

Given your first two examples, I think I'll pass.
Especially since that command doesn't exist on a stock 12.3 system either.

--
From the Myth of Me