Re: [opensuse] restarting X server in openSUSE 12.2 with systemd
Felix Miata said the following on 09/11/2013 08:57 PM:
On 2013-09-11 20:27 (GMT-0400) Anton Aylward composed:

Felix Miata said the following on 09/11/2013 08:21 PM:

/bin/sh
cp -a /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty@.service
/usr/lib/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service
sed -i 's/TTYVTDisallocate=yes/TTYVTDisallocate=no/'
/usr/lib/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service
ln -sf /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service
/etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service
systemctl startgetty@tty1.service
ln -sf /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty@.service

Why are you linking?

Maybe to do at least in part with configuration changes I make in /usr*
getting wiped out by updates. Links are a way to "remember" where in the
rats' nest of /usr and/or /var the originals are squirreled away.

Why not do it all with 'systemctl enable ......' ?

Haven't seen an example. Most man pages leave out the examples that are
typically crucial to my understanding man page text.

Two tools I always use: 'apropos' and 'google'
In this case googling for 'systemctl enable' turns up plenty of examples and discussion.

Then start them. All at once.

Show me? I have a big enough round tuit shortage that I don't need to force
frustrate myself further with insufferably example-free man pages before
urgency forces it.

'start', like 'enable' can take a list of parameters.

systemctl start getty@tty5.service getty@tty6.service

Please explain what so difficult about figuring that out from the man page where it says

start [NAME...]
Start (activate) one or more units specified on the command line.

--
How long did the whining go on when KDE2 went on KDE3?

The only universal constant is change. If a species can not adapt it
goes extinct. That's the law of the universe, adapt or die.
-- Billie Walsh, May 18 2013