Re: [opensuse] restarting X server in openSUSE 12.2 with systemd
On 2013-09-11 20:27 (GMT-0400) Anton Aylward composed:

Felix Miata said the following on 09/11/2013 08:21 PM:

/bin/sh
cp -a /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty@.service
/usr/lib/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service
sed -i 's/TTYVTDisallocate=yes/TTYVTDisallocate=no/'
/usr/lib/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service
ln -sf /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service
/etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service
systemctl startgetty@tty1.service
ln -sf /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty@.service

Why are you linking?

Maybe to do at least in part with configuration changes I make in /usr* getting wiped out by updates. Links are a way to "remember" where in the rats' nest of /usr and/or /var the originals are squirreled away.

Why not do it all with 'systemctl enable ......' ?

Haven't seen an example. Most man pages leave out the examples that are typically crucial to my understanding man page text.

And do it all at once not one at a time.

Not all the same. #1 has noclear.

Then start them. All at once.

Show me? I have a big enough round tuit shortage that I don't need to force frustrate myself further with insufferably example-free man pages before urgency forces it.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/