Re: [opensuse] How start a remote job and detach the session, and re-connect later?
* Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-11-13 15:16]:
El 11/09/13 15:19, Carlos E. R. escribió:

I have done this, but I don't remember how. :-o

I want to start an ssh session, start a command, get out, and later
connect again via ssh and pick up the still running program and output.

Use tmux. check out "byobu" which is an easy to use wrapper around
tmux/screen.

I agree with using tmux, but no script is necessary.

After starting a tmux session, detach from the session,
<ctrl-b><d>

to reattach the session from anywhere,
ssh to the machine where the session resides and
tmux new -t <session-name>

I use tmux constantly to access a session attached (ssh) to four machines,
email and a few log displays, constantly from anywhere using cygwin on a
usb stick for windows or ssh from linux.