Re: [opensuse] restarting X server in openSUSE 12.2 with systemd
2013. szeptember 10. 0:47 napon John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> írta:

On 09/07/2013 10:22 AM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

If I know correctly in systemd there are no runlevels.

Previously if I wanted to restart X server I switched
to runlevel 3 then back to runlevel 5 (init 3, init 5).

How can I stop, start, and restart in openSUSE 12.2
with systemd?

Thanks,

Istvan

Quickest is to log out and log back in again, because the x server
runs as a user task, not as a server.

Thanks.

There are two reasons I'd like to do it in terminal command line:

1. If the desktop freezes or slows down extremely I can not log out, but if I
still can switch
to a terminal I can use the comand line to restart the server.

2. Usually the first desktop is created on vt7 but occasionally on vt8 which
annoys me.
In such cases I would like to restart X server to start on vt7.

By the way, why dose the desktop start occasionally on vt8?

Thanks,

Istvan