Re: [opensuse] copying files to USB flashdisk in alphabetical order
On 09/07/2013 10:13 AM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

My old mp3 player plays the files in the order as they were copied
to the disk.

Until now I used to copy the files in the correct order by this command:

find . -print0 | sort -z | xargs -0 cp -a --parents
--target-directory=/media/disk

This used to copy directories and their files recursively in alphabetocal
order.

But in openSUSE 12.2 it does not work. The files are copied to my sdcard
in random order.

Why is this and how could I fix it?

Thanks,

Istvan

Maybe you should erase/reformat the card first?

--
Explain again the part about rm -rf /