Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird stopped downloading from IMAP server
On 09/09/13 19:07, Bob Williams wrote:
On 08/09/13 21:42, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
Move .thunderbird to a different name and see if a new config fixes the
problem.
Good suggestion. It seemed to work initially, in that the Inbox
repopulated itself, as well as several other folders, but not all of
them. The empty ones had nothing in the message list pane. I thought it
was simply a lack of filters, so I copied over my original
msgFilterRules.dat and re-opened Thunderbird, but the filters failed
with the message "Applying filter: XYZ failed. Would you like to
continue applying filters?"

I'm also still unable to see the list of subscribed folders. Right
clicking on the Account and choosing 'Subscribe' shows an empty list.
Clicking 'Refresh' does nothing - well, a message flashes past at the
bottom of the dialog, but too fast to read.

I shall try again, this time without adding in my old filters.

Unlike the Daily, which I run (currently v 26.0a1), the version you have hasn't changed for zonks so any changes in its behaviour are caused by something in your system.

As I said, I run the Daily version and a couple of nights ago it suddenly went "beresk" sending back at me every couple of minutes copies of messages I had just sent to various lists. I traced the problem to the Settings (Server) where an update done a few ago (at that time, that is) some altered the setting and told my ISP server to hold all the mail until I deleted it. So, check your Settings to see if all are as they should be.

The other thing, execute 'thunderbird %u' form a command line in a terminal and this will show any error messages which you just said you saw but they disappeared too quickly for you to see them.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.0-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor