Re: [opensuse] Hard disks in vertical position?
Le 08/09/2013 14:00, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

I have seen machinery stop when changed position. It depends what they
are designed to do.

when a mechanism works, it "fits" it's elements, so if you try to change the initial position after some time, it may have problem.

speaking of Hard drives, did you notice that "USB *docks" have vertical disks, connectors in the bottom

no problem at all (I have two in front of me)

and about gyroscopic effect what can be seen is difficulty to rotate the box. If the disk spins and you try to rotate it (try with small usb ones), it may "resist". However I do not notice such thing in my own (probably to light)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org