Re: [opensuse] multimedia, dificulty playing of VOB files
On 2013-09-07 14:20 (GMT+0700) C. Brouerius van Nidek composed:

Trying to play a serie of DVD disks full of VOB and BUP and Ifo files.

With which openSUSE?

Tried it with kaffeine and VLC assuming that at least one of these players
would show me the movie.
After unsuccesful trials I googled and found it is a known problem since
several years. No solutions found on google worked for me.

I started ripping one of the DVD's with K3b but after 2,5 hour ripping it
stopped working at 46% of the first run. Cannot remember the reason. The mail
K3b would send me with the error, I am not able to find :(.

Somebody has a workable solution or a player which has no such problems?
In total I have 6 DVD's which I want to view.

With Packman repo enabled, I'm sometimes able to play things with SMPlayer that VLC will not play. I don't even install Kaffeine.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/