[opensuse] What tools exist to measure speed to access NAS from Linux server
I have a 4 TB NAS automounted on two servers running Linux (one runs
Ubuntu and the one I am concerned with runs Suse linux 12.3).

Now, both servers have decently high capacity SSD drives (as the only
drive in the machine), and I would like to measure the speed with
which each server can save data to the NAS. Theoretically, that speed
ought to be about 1 gbps, as tht is the best each of the nics in my
varius systems, and my router and switches, support. But, being the
paranoid sort that I am, I want to actually measure that speed if I
can.

What I have found so far, using Google, are a few articles that either
state that the speed will be 1 gbps, or that say there is software
that will measure it, but I have yet to find info about what software
can be used for the purpose on either Suse or Ubuntu.

Ideally, I'd like to run a couple tests on each, and then ensure there
is nothing left on the drive after the test.

So, when I start YaST, what program ought I look for? Or do I have to
search for open source software not available via yaST.

Thanks

Ted